1. If you were going to wear some kind of hat or head covering every day (I don't know why. Say you've been ensorceled to love the concept) what style would you choose?
Nothing says soft and comfy and yet not sloppy like a beret. Look at the rest of my clothes: soft and comfy and yet not sloppy is really what we're going for here. And washable. You can wash your own beret without having to take it to be blocked. Most kinds of hat if you wear them daily will get a bit whiffy. A beret is the obvious solution here.
2. What is something you like eating for breakfast but haven't had in awhile?
French toast. Seriously, we don't have French toast nearly often enough. And when I have the opportunity at Lucia's I often forego it in favor of a scone or muffin plus an egg thing, because a) protein, and b) their scones and muffins are nice.
3. If you could prevent humans from asking each other one question (I don't know how. Say they've all been ensorceled to forget how to seek that information) what would it be?
"Should they really be reading that?" Seriously, leave kids alone, let them read what they like. Most other questions can be obnoxious in one context but necessary or even interesting in another.
4. What are three things you can hear right now?
The shower, as markgritter is in it. Birds outside. Dog tags jingling as she trots around keeping watch on the house--she is Very Busy.
5. What is your favorite thing about June?
It's got both Dad's birthday and 4th St.
And rushthatspeaks asks:
1. Why Taft? Is there a reason or a story behind it, or is it just one of those things?
He's a bad mother--shut your mouth! I'm just talkin' 'bout Taft. Um. Seriously, he's one of those people in American history who doesn't actually get talked about all that much in the surface histories but pops up everywhere once you start looking harder.
2. What would be the worst possible entirely accurate cover you can imagine for one of your novels?
Oh Lordy. Oh. I can do this for any of them. The True Tale of Carter Hall, for example, could easily have a big sandy-haired man in a hockey uniform making a face of comic dismay at the reader while a blonde woman holds a squirming naked Chinese guy who is in the middle of turning into fire. On ice! With a lurid magical glow! Actually I think lurid magical glow is key for all of them.
3. When and how and if relevant from whom did you get your lussekatter recipe/learn to make those?
Johan made them when he was living with my grands, and then we had to get the recipe and I had to refine it myself because there must be lussekatter. There just must.
4. Where would you most like to visit that you haven't yet managed to go?
Iceland. Completely obviously, in a heartbeat, Iceland. There are other places I'd love to go, and I may end up in some of them first because I don't exist in a vacuum. But if it was just selfish for me, Iceland, definitely.
5. Do you have a favorite Muppet, and if so, which one?
Absolutely I do, and it is Rolf. All the recent stuff about Order Muppets and Chaos Muppets: this ignores Rolf completely. Rolf often gets ignored. But he shouldn't be, because Rolf is awesome.