mechaieh sent me a thinger, so here it is transferred to lj:
1. What is your full name? Oh, sure, start with the hard one. I'm working right now, so it's Marissa K. Lingen. When I stop working it'll be Marissa Kristine Gritter.
2 What color pants are you wearing? Blue jeans.
3. What are you listening to right now? Hard drive noise
4. What's the last thing you ate? Two Fazermints. Bring down the Russian Empire with minty dark chocolate goodness! They were a birthday present, and I have been hoarding them, and I'm down to the last few. They do sell more in stores, though.
5. Do you wish on stars? No. I sold a story called "Wishing on Airplanes," though, inspired by when I used to.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Red-violet. Wait, violet-red. Wait. Um. (gaaldine? Which would I be?)
7. How is the weather right now? Too warm for October! I should need socks and a jacket!
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? porphyrin
9. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yep.
10. How old are you today? 27
11. Favorite drink? skim milk, or else the expensive hot chocolate I got from Byerly's, or else that expensive hot chocolate with Bailey's in it. But mostly I drink skim milk and water, and no, they're not the same thing.
12. Favorite sport? Hockey. No question any more.
13. What is your hair color? Brown, despite what my mother says.
14. Do you wear contacts? Yes.
15. Siblings? Not mine. I'll take some other people's if you're offering. Only specific ones, though. Not sibs in general.
16. Favorite month? October (yay!).
17. Favorite foods? Cherry tomatoes, blueberries, dark chocolate, fresh bread of various types.
18. What was the last movie you saw? The Princess Bride. In the theater? Umm...Star Wars III, I think.
19. Favorite day of the year? Varies by year, I'm afraid.
20. What do you do to vent anger? Depends on why I'm angry, and at whom. Write, cry, make bread, whatever.
21. What was your favorite toy as a child? Legos! And what's this "as a child" stuff?
22. Summer or winter? Winter! August is the worst month in Minnesota. January will make you insane, but for me it's the kind of insane that writes books, so.
23. Hugs or kisses? Depends who's asking. The answer is either "hugs" or "both, please, and lots." Or, I suppose, "No thanks, you stay over there and I'll stay over here," in some cases. There is such a thing as getting in my space too much too soon.
24. Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla ice cream with dark chocolate on it. Mmm.
25. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Um? Yes-ish? I mean, generally, sure; the end-to-end principle is sound and all that. But I don't get uptight about people not answering each and every epistle. Especially the people I'm closest with.
26. Who is most likely to respond? For lj, who is most likely to be a meme-sheep? Many of you do sheepery.
27. Who is least likely to respond? Elephino.
28. When was the last time you cried? Yesterday. I ran out of mrissa again.
29. What is under your bed? Nothing. The dog is too big to get under there comfortably any more, and we've put the leaf in the table.
30. Who have you been friends with the longest? scottjames if you mean close friends. Jim, who was my best friend in kindergarten, otherwise. He's not the person to rely on to show up for things or return calls, though, so one has cultivated a certain relaxation as regards the Jim. (Those of you who met a Jim at my birthday party: different guy.)
31. What did you do last night? Ate Mexican food with timprov, played with the bratdog, posted to lj and wrote e-mail, fetched markgritter from the airport, read a big chunk of Janet Kagan's Mirabile. It was good, too.
32. What are you afraid of? Disappointing the people I love. Was I supposed to say something like spiders? I can squish spiders.
33. Plain, buttered or salted popcorn? No thanks, you go ahead.
34. Favorite car? Since when do I have to care that much about a car?
35. Favorite flower? tiger lilies
36. Number of keys on your key ring? 5, although I dreamed there was a sixth last night, and it opened something interesting. Huh. I'd forgotten that until the key ring was in my hand.
37. How many years at your current job? freelancing since 2000
38. Favorite day of the week? Varies by week. Has most often been Thursday throughout my life, and I tend to have good Thursdays lately, but other days are good, too, for other reasons. My days of the week are not nearly as distinct as they might be if I had a day job.
39. What did you do on your last birthday? Hung around feeling cruddy, went to Puppyssori, and was generally underwhelmed. First birthday in a long time about which that was true, and the birthday celebrations on different days were much better than my actual birthday.
40. How many states have you lived in? 7 (Illinois, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Ohio, Oregon, and California)
41. How many cities have you lived in? 9, if you count things that are definitely towns, not cities (Libertyville, Omaha, Lawrence, St. Peter, Toledo, Corvallis, Concord, Hayward, and Eagan) Also, the place where I lived as a teenager, where my parents still live, is technically rural Douglas County. It's in the middle of the Omaha metro, but Omaha has not yet annexed it, and neither has its other near neighbor, Ralston, where many of my friends lived. Fun Mrissish fact for the day.