2. A movie about a women's hockey team that is not about them being women.
3. Book contracts for everybody! Well, not everybody. Everybody I like who writes books. Including me. And good book contracts, too, not the kind where I pay them $1000 and get stacks of my book with blurry printing.
4. A joke that begins, "A priest, a rabbi, and a mathematician." Somebody suggested that Mr. Ford is the person to ask about this, but I haven't seen him since and don't see him often. NB: This should be a funny joke.
5. A history of the rise of geek culture. (Note how I am not listing the finished versions of books I know you people are working on. Because I'm not eager? No. Because I'm deliberately not being pushy.)
6. An arctic fox charm. Kind of round, ivory-colored, curled in on itself, only slightly bigger than my whale-and-planet in "Warded." So I could wear Ansa Nikkanen's necklace from Thermionic Night.
7. Embroidered shirts and/or skirts that do not have spangles. Spangles fall off in the wash. I love the kind of embroidered shirts and/or skirts they're selling this year, but damned if I'm going to add three T-shirts a week to the hand-wash load just so that they last out the season looking reputable.
8. Chicken soup and oatmeal raisin cookies.
Hmmm. One of these things is not like the others. I guess I'm making chicken soup and oatmeal raisin cookies today.
What would you like, in the category of the first seven: reasonable-sounding things that you can't just run out and buy or make for yourself?